A column set is a user-defined set of column that you can recall at any time. By default The Durkin Toolkit for ACT! creates the first column set and named is "BaseLayout" You can customize the column in this set and create a second set of columns. By creating multiple column sets you can switch back and forth between different ones, or create a specific column set for export or printing purposes.
Exporting or reporting fields/column: You can create a colum set that you use just for exporting. You may need to view, then export all fields in the list based on a date range. First create a new column set - we will call it "Fridays Export List".
1. Click on the OPEN CUSTOMIZE COLUMNS icon on the toolbar.
2. Select MANAGE COLUMN SETS from the popup menu.
3. Click on the NEW button
4. Enter you column set name in the NEW NAME field then click SAVE Note - You can base this new column set on an existing column set by using the dropdown on this window. This is like doing a 'Save as' whereby your new set is identical to an existing set.
5. Now click on the Click the Open Customize Columns icon on the toolbar to Customize you column. If this is an export you may want to select all the fields to be displayed.
6. Click on the EXCEL icon on the toolbar to export these fields into an Excel document.
You can also create a column set just for reporting purposes. Follow the same steps above except click on the PRINT icon on step 6.