Home > Math Functions > Summing Between Tables
Summing Between Tables
You can create math formulas that use fields from different tables. These tables can be ACT!'s native tables like Contacts, Companies or groups. These tables could also be different Custom tables you have created. On the screen shot below we calculate the Automobile.Commission field based on the Contact.Commission field in the Contact Table and the Automobile.Price field in the custom table.
To create a math function using multiple tables follow these steps:
- Go to the Custom Form where the results will be placed.
- Click on the DESIGNER button on the lower left corner.
- In the Toolkit Designer click on the MATH FUNCTIONS icon on the toolbar.
- Now at the bottom of the window in the Math Function panel click 'NEW'
- Enter a name and the results field.
- Click on Builder window to enter the formula expression.
Remember you can select fields from different tables when building your expression.
Please see Formula Builder Window for more details regarding your math expression.